Sundorne is a suburb of the town of Shrewsbury, county town of Shropshire.
The Perkins social club is also located in Sundorne, which is home of Perkins CCC, a local cricket side.
One of Shrewsbury’s two TA centres is in Sundorne, the other being in Copthorne. The now disused Shrewsbury and Newport Canal runs through woodland in the southern part of the area. The River Severn forms the southern boundary of Sundorne.
The main secondary school in Sundorne was for many years called “Harlescott” school. It has now been renamed Sundorne School to be more in keeping with the name of the ward. Sundorne School stands next to Sundorne County Infants School, which has always used Sundorne in its nomenclature.
Sundorne is represented in sport by the local football team AFC Sundorne, members of the Shropshire County Minor League.
Nearby is the remains of the stately home known as Sundorne Castle.
Sundorne Castle featured a hall surrounded by four acres of gardens and an extensive park.
Sundorne Castle park was laid out between 1766 and 1806, and the grounds were altered several times in the 19th century. The house and grounds are now lost.